Well folks, Valentines Day is upon us. I have a new love. She’s quiet and very kind. I enjoy holding her close to me and it’s hard to part. I enjoy running my fingers across her face, in fact I am doing that right now.
In case you didn’t know, this past week in the midst of a snow storm in Eastern Kansas, I ventured out to the Sprint store and bought myself a Samsung Galaxy Tab. This is my new love!
Now I have had several people ask me why I bought this instead of an iPad. Well, I have had the chance to play with an iPad. I admit, they are great to have, and I was going to get one. I went to look at the Tab last week and feel instantly in love.
The Galaxy Tab is a bit smaller, and I can hold it in my hand. That is a huge plus. Also, I have had an airfares through Sprint for several years. With the Tab I am able to have 3G at home and turn it into a hotspot to allow me to have internet for my computer now without having to plug anything in.
Another thing that I love about her is that she has an SD card which the iPad does not offer. I can keep personal information out of the hands of my students when I let them use the Galaxy Tab at school. Also, the picture quality on the screen is great and taking pictures are awesome with the front and back cameras.
Now I know that there are not as many apps on the Android network as there are with Apple products, but there are more and more coming out daily.
I have been reading my Google Reader on here, I Skype with my students and colleagues, and I use my personal networks on here. This is my first blog post that I am writing with the WordPress app. This is a wonderful product and I’m glad she is now a part of my life. Now to name her.
Sharing my passion of teaching and my educated thoughts with you.
- I’m so glad Ross won POV!!!! Who is going to be up though? And who is going to be voted out? Who knows what’s goin… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…written at 1 hour ago
- RT @longlivekcx: You know what pisses me off, Dana? That an 19 year old can legally purchase a semi automatic weapon, and murder my classma…written at 2 hours ago
- RT @mraspinall: I’m a bit confused. US teachers are to care for students one day, but carry guns the next?written at 16 hours ago
- RT @GrantHermesKWTV: One of the most interesting and thought provoking things I've read all week. Cocktail party worthy for sure. https://…written at 16 hours ago
- RT @SPSheehan: Picture your favorite teachers from when your were in school. Remember how they looked? Remember how they made you feel? How…written at 1 day ago
- RT @sstorm01: #Resist via @Bec_Chirps https://t.co/Zt2izEimfawritten at 1 day ago
- The day I’m told I have to be trained to use a gun so I can teach is the day I walk out and find another career.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…written at 1 day ago
- RT @mslalib: @NicholasFerroni No guns in my classroom or my school. #factswritten at 1 day ago
- RT @kylegriffin1: Florida sheriff says the deputy who was on duty at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School never went inside to engage shoot…written at 1 day ago
- RT @WomensMarchY: Rep. John Lewis was 17 when he first got arrested for protesting injustice. 17. And people still don’t think youth ha…written at 1 day ago